Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Simple Spinach Smoothie

Lets be honest, this is probably the only way I'm going to eat a huge serving of kale or spinach every day. Popeye would be so proud. I was surprised how much I loved this smoothie when I first made it. By the ingredients list it doesn't sound like its going to be that tasty but it sure is.


1 banana
2 pitted dates
large handful of frozen spinach
2/3 cup almond milk
1 heaping tsp of almond butter



Pricing (best deals I've found):

dates- $4.49 for 1 lb at Trader Joes or Costco is the same price $8.98 for 2 lbs
almond milk- Silk Unsweetened 3 64 oz containers for $7.59 at Costco
almond butter- Kirkland brand $8.99 for 27 oz at Costco 
spinach-more convenient to get the bags of pre-chopped, $1.99 for 1 lb at Trader Joes

No comments:

Post a Comment